Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Rounding Out 2006

The presents are all unwrapped, the candy is all eaten (or at least broken into), the Santa hat is packed away until next year. Christmas Eve and Day were wonderful. My brother and grandfather joined us (Mom, stepdad and me) for dinner on Christmas Eve and my best friend joined us for Christmas dinner yesterday. I got some wonderful presents and such peace within me. It's too hard to explain without sounding like an idiot. So, I'll not even try.

My thoughts now turn to New Year's Eve. I'm always the person pondering how my life and the world around me have changed over the last 12 months and I'm always making plans to improve in the new year. Where will I go? Who will be influential in my life in 2007? Will I make a difference to someone else?

Some questions are easy to answer. I'll go back to Texas to teach the 2nd half of the school year. I plan to go to Ireland for the first time and back to Scotland during the summer. I'll be in RI for my cousin's wedding next fall. For sure I'll be in Dallas for the RWA National Conference.

Some questions I can't begin to answer. Some I can only hope for the answer my heart wants me to give.

Will you reflect as we get closer to 2007?

6 comments:

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Kelly Boyce said...

I usually do a year in review and then make a plan for next year. Typical Capricorn...I need a plan. And a schedule to go with the plan. And a list of...something. Just so long as there is a list.

TJ Brown said...

Yup, cause I am a reflector. Oh, wait... that didn't sound right. (grin) I am pretty happy with the way things are going, but I think to get closer to my goals I need to focus and create a business plan. Cherry Adair highly recommends it.
Teri

Nita Wick said...

I'm always reflecting on things and the new year while no doubt cause more. I just try to learn from my mistakes, cherish my successes, and count my blessings.

Anonymous said...

You will have such fun in Ireland!! Enjoy every moment of it. :)

Bailey Stewart said...

Ahhh, then I'll see you at Conference.