Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to my big brother! Today is his 42nd birthday. (Whew, I just made it in time!) Where he is it rained all day and it was cool. Where I am it was absolutely perfect weather. Mom & I went out to eat and had a drink for him.

Tomorrow (which is only minutes away) is the San Antonio Workshop day. I believe this is the day they'll announce the Merritt winners. If I wasn't recovering from surgery I'd probably be there. I'll let you know how FP & I did as soon as I hear.

Recovery has hit a snag. I'm feeling so good that I forget I'm still recovering and that I still need to take it easy. I think I've been overdoing it these last couple of days. Time to rein myself in so I'm well-prepared for my vacation in just under 3 weeks.

That's IF I get my passport in time. It's been almost 11 weeks now. It's a renewal, not a brand new one. I'm not a criminal, so why is it taking so long???? Of course, they already cashed the check. (Isn't that always the way?)

3 comments:

Meggie said...

Ooh, I hope you get your passport soon!

Meggie said...

Och, and good luck in the writing contest! I don't know how you do it. I can't imagine creating a world and characters never mind moree than 100 pages for it!

TJ Brown said...

Remember to rest... crucial! Where are you going? Did I miss it?
teri