Thursday, July 21, 2005

Haunting Past

Ever wonder what happened to the people you grew up with? To the people who were important in your life? A woman I went to grade school with e-mailed me out of the blue last month. It was wonderful to catch up and hear about her. Made me think of all the special people I've lost contact with. Sue Baptista, Dave Kludas, Clif Hinze, Tina Sarno, Chris Mangiapane. There are tons more, but these are the ones that come off the top of my head. They were good friends at various times in my life when I really needed them. Wherever they are, whatever roads they've traveled, I hope they're happy.

I'm happy today. I'm sitting at a friend's house. I haven't seen her since October and it's like I never left. When I flew in (to Las Vegas) Tuesday night, we went straight to the bar. We met up with a guy she went to middle school with who happened to be bartending. We slept late yesterday, went to the movies, had dinner, took a nap and then got up at 4 this morning to go back to that bar so they could reminisce (sp?) some more with the yearbooks. When I lived here for six years, she and I spent a LOT of time hanging out in bars. You know, before we became respectable members of society...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't happen to be referring to the Dave Kludas that went to Sunset HS in Portland, OR and then WOSC in Monmouth do you?

If so, drop me an email: johnnyhazard at gmail dot com.