Sunday, December 11, 2005

Time Travels

It's already almost Monday! Every day is flying by for me. Let's see. Thursday I didn't actually get to cleaning the house. Now, come on. Did you really think I would on my bad-weather day?

My 7th grade play of "A Christmas Carol" (the hiphop version the kids wrote) went great at the PTO meeting Friday night. I was so proud I almost started crying!

Yesterday I took that hellish exam to add ESL to my teaching certificate. Wow. It was a LOT harder than I thought it would be. Still, I'm glad it's over. The rest of the day I just read- my CP's work and my brother's Aerosmith autobiography. (Not done with either.)

Today I started the day wrapping Christmas presents, making a list of the gifts I still need to get and then I went to my other brother's house for my 4-year-old niece's birthday. I hadn't seen them in a while so it was a nice, relaxing afternoon.

When I left their house I did a very bad thing. I went to Barnes & Noble. I had to go in for a book for my local RWA book exchange (for our Christmas party), but even before I got out of my brother's driveway I knew that I'd end up buying a new book for myself. It didn't matter that I bought 2 last week. Or that I have about 31 in my TBR pile. I HAD to buy one for myself. I swear, it's like a sickness. So, I bought Julie Garwood's Murder List for my Austin RWA meeting and I bought Jennifer Crusie's Getting Rid of Bradley for myself. I've never read anything by Crusie, but she's just so hilarious in person, I thought I'd treat myself to one of her books. So now I have 32 books to read, which should take me through to next Christmas. Great! I won't have to buy a book at all in 2006.

And yet, somehow I know the sickness will once again take over.

2 comments:

TJ Brown said...

It gets so busy this time of the year, doesn't it? Happy the kids did well:)
Teri

Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFLMAO! My TBR pile seems to be growing too. My philosophy is, you can never have too many books. You just never know when you'll be snowed in and need something to get you through. :)