Wednesday, March 29, 2006

And More Lows

One of my two best friends called today and said that her oldest brother died. He was young (depending on your perspective), only 38. He got sick yesterday and died today. My heart is breaking for my friend. Many times she was around when things were rough for me and now miles separate us and I can't give her the support I'd like to. She knows I'd be there if I could and I'll do what I can from so many miles away, but it doesn't seem like enough. I didn't know him other than through my friend's stories, but he meant a lot to her and so he meant a lot to me. I want to cry and then I don't. I think about her family and what they're about to go through and I get chills. I cannot begin to imagine the pain she's feeling and will feel for the rest of her life.

Life is so precious and fleeting, and I'm reminded of just how much I have to be thankful for. So, for me, for my friend, for her lost brother, hug your family, tell the people you care about how you feel and don't waste one minute of your day on things that don't really matter in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine--Oh, I'm so sorry! What a heartbreaking loss for your friend. Hugs to her and to you!

TJ Brown said...

I am so sorry. I agree with yout thoughts on life. What a gift that we so often take for granted.
teri