Friday, October 13, 2006

I Know I'm Not Allowed To Commit Crimes...

...but sometimes I want to kill those middle school kids! Another week done, the official end of our first quarter. I really can't imagine doing this for another 3 quarters. Hopefully I'll spend a lot of time at conferences. There are two bright spots to the day job, though. I love my co-workers and I love my ESL duties. I'm working on lessons for my ESL 6th grader, this last week I had a 4th grade student join my ESL class and next week I start working with a non-English speaking Kindergarten boy!

No writing done at all. We had our monthly Austin RWA meeting (with Sandy Blair as the guest speaker) and I promised to work on a manuscript of one of the ladies in my CP group. I did decide though that UCOD's prologue is definitely out. I like things about the scene, but it doesn't feel right anymore since I changed some major threads in the story. I'm planning to get back into FP either tomorrow or Sunday. Finally.

I'm sure there's something important I was going to blog about, but for the life of me I can't remember. So, I guess I'll go. Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFL. A word to the wise - they put you in jail for stuff like that.

Man, you make NOT miss my junior high teaching days.

Lexi said...

Elisabeth, those kind of days make me want to write more so that someday I'll be able to give up the day job!