Friday, January 25, 2008

BRILLIANCE!!!!!

I didn't know I had it in me! I was lying in bed, thinking about my manuscript and where I was going with it tomorrow when all of a sudden, a rogue piece of the puzzle fell into place! I've been able to "walk away" both physically and mentally from my story these last few days, but I honestly thought it was due to working for other people: students, co-workers, my writing friends I'm critiquing. ALAS, that wasn't it at all! Something wasn't working. I had all the pieces, but the puzzle wouldn't take shape. Since my 1st turning point has turned out to be some event I thought would originally come toward the end of the book, I was trying to force other pieces in the wrong places. For those of you who don't write, I won't go into the details. Just know this. I can move on, I've listened to my hero and he's happy with the string of events as I'm planning. The first 50-60 pages of the book no longer feel contrived. It flows naturally! Okay, I need to go back to bed. More on this stroke of brilliance tomorrow. Plus, I'll let you know if it's working!

8 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Yay!!!!
Glad you figured out the problem. I love when that happens!

Lexi said...

It's the best feeling, isn't it? Plus, you'd think after all these years I'd learn to trust my instincts. But no, I've got to be stubborn!

Crystal said...

LOL! Good for you sweet! Have a good weekend;)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Crystal! I expect LOTS of good things for me this weekend!

Bailey Stewart said...

And the winner for the best opening of a blog post goes to ... Lexi Connor. Applause, applause.

Wow, I love when the book virtually smacks you in the head like a V-8 slap and says "Run Forrest, Run". And it all falls together.

Good for you.

I'm on a chocolate high. Can you tell?

Lexi said...

I'm honored to accept the award, Bailey! I'd like to thank the academy, my fellow bloggers, fellow writers, fellow chocolate lovers. Without all of you, I wouldn't be where I am today!

Heather said...

Yay Lexi! I'm glad it's going so well!

By the way... I really like the new blog design. I've been meaning to tell you that and just keep forgetting. I think it has something to do with that whole "day job" thing. sheesh.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Madam President!