Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back Home To The USA

I'm in Washington DC for RWA Nationals now! Got here today and (Yippee!) I can get online. Travel back to the States, as usual, was eventful. Yesterday I had the metro close down on my way back to the hotel from Heathrow Airport. So instead of taking me 30 minutes to get back, it took me 3 1/2 hours because the city had "planned ahead and organized bus service" for us between metro stops. Oh yeah, and my suitcase fell apart on the way too. Today on my flight across the pond, we had such bad turbulance at one point that I spilled half of my warm tea on my hand and the tray table. The people around me were tossing me napkins. LOVELY!

But I'm here now and gearing up to go from tourist mode to writer mode. I'm jet-lagged now (since it's 12:30 AM in England now), but I'll be hitting the sack soon enough. My first Kiss of Death tour leaves the hotel at 6 tomorrow morning. This one's to the FBI! I can't wait!

Since I'm able to get online during Conference, I'll share details of this week's happenings with you via blog posts. Once I get to the next leg of my summer journey, I'll start sharing pictures and details of my European vacation.

Hope you're doing well! Drop me a message and let me know what's new with you since I've been away. And if you're coming to Nationals, make sure to look for me!

4 comments:

Natalie Murphy said...

Ahh I'm sorry your trip home was so eventful- and not in the best of ways!

I'm leaving for DC Monday night! I'm excited to go.

Unknown said...

Good lord you do have the Devil's own luck with traveling, don't you? Glad you're safely back in the US. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday.

Tori Lennox said...

Hugs re the eventful trip!

Wish I was in D.C. so we could meet in person! Have fun at the FBI! :)

Avery Beck said...

Looking forward to your DC updates as I'm stuck here in TX! Have a great time!