Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Week And A Half

NaNoWriMo ended for me in the early morning hours of Sunday, November 29th. After that, I decided I wouldn't write a thing for the month of December or until the itch to put new words on a page hit me.

A week and a half later, the itch returned. I've been thinking about my fictional Scottish village from Fractured Paradise and the next story I'd planned to write in that series. I've reread the 20 pages I already have. I've been brainstorming ideas while driving and listening to conversations in Scottish accents in my head while watching Christmas movies. Now I'm thinking I might have to start drafting the synopsis and 1st chapter (or at least outline the turning points) in the next week or so in between shopping trips for Christmas presents and grading terrible essays. (Okay, they're not ALL terrible!) And then I can write to my heart's content over Christmas break.

No comments: