Friday, April 18, 2008

I've Decided

Some people see the Phantom of the Opera a kazillion times. I will see Lord of the Dance whenever I get the chance. I remembered a lot from the time I saw it (8 years ago, I think) in Las Vegas, but it was also like seeing it for the first time. My arms ached from clapping, my throat was sore from yelling, and my feet still wish they could move like that! The costumes were beautiful, the lights were dazzling and the dancers were absolutely fantastic. Magical, even. If you ever have the chance to see it, don't miss this show! For now, reward yourself. Click on the link and watch clips of the dancers in motion. Go on, do it. You know you wanna!

I want to end this post with a little humor. Here's a conversation the couple sitting behind me had during intermission:

Woman: This is Celtic (pronounced like seltic). I thought it was supposed to be Irish.
Man: It is Irish. Celtic (seltic) has to do with the Irish and the English.
Me (sitting there thinking the "seltics" are a basketball team in Boston)
Woman: I'm not even sure what the story is.
Man: All I know is there's a fairy in it.
Woman: It's good, though.
Man: Oh yeah.

Hooray to people who venture outside their comfort zones!

No comments: