Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Hope continues...

Okay, so the editor I told you had a manuscript for 7 months now? I called her today to get an update because everyone in and outside my writing world said I had to check. Am I ever glad I made that phone call! I spoke with her directly for a good ten, fifteen minutes. It was awesome! We talked about how long it really takes to get a response from H/S, about the Bombshell line and what we liked about the books. She remembered that my manuscript had gone to the freelance reader, but she couldn't say where it was in the process now. In two weeks, if I haven't heard from her I've got to get back in touch with her for an update. She also remembered me from Nationals last year! She mentioned that if they want my book, they'll be asking for like the next three. I guess I chuckled or something because she said she was serious and that a lot of authors aren't ready for that. I told her the next book is just about done and that's basically why I wanted to get an update and make sure they hadn't rejected me and it got lost in the mail.

I tell you, it was like talking to a friend I haven't seen in months. Anyway, I really felt like we clicked. Even if my manuscript comes back with a rejection (see, I'm trying not to get my hopes up), I'm confident that she'll request more work. I'm knockin' on that PAN door and just waiting for someone to unlock it!

It's just a matter of time....

No comments: