Monday, April 25, 2005

Inspiration

Well, after several cups of tea yesterday morning, I was able to actually get back to work on my partial. (Well, a little push in the right direction came from a friend's email. Thanks, Emily!) I didn't work the whole day, but I worked long enough to rekindle the dying fire. I'm only 100 pages from being done with the rough draft. Forcing myself to work on the synopsis for my partial made me see exactly what was missing. The dots are beginning to connect. The ducks are realigning. My hero and heroine are talking to me and are quite pleased with how I'm telling their story. My next hero and heroine are starting to stir up trouble in the background of my mind, just waiting for their chance. Hopefully we can all be appeased within the next two weeks! That's a tall order considering my revisions usually take close to a month, but I'm going to give it a try!

No comments: