Sunday, April 15, 2007

Meggie & The Muse

Meggie- I'd like to invite all of you to check out the new blog of someone very dear to my heart. She lives in the Scottish Highlands and she's got a big mouth. (Sorry, Meggie, but we all know you're the town gossip!) I kept bugging her to set up a blog of her own and she's FINALLY done it. Yay, Meggie! Check her out at Meggie's Musings.

The Muse- Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said "the muse" but it sounded good. Basically I want to hear what you think about the side trip I'm thinking of including during my Ireland and Scotland vacation. (Thank you, Bonnie, for already giving your opinion.) Should I go up to the village that inspires my current manuscripts or not? For more details please read my previous post. Share with me, people! I know you have opinions!


Meggie said...

Thanks, Lex! As for your dilemma, you know my opinion. I'll support anything that brings one of my dearest friends a wee bit closer, even for just a while.

Kerry Blaisdell said...

I say go for it! You only live once, and how cool would it be to BE in the place you're writing about, visiting with the person who is helping you? I say it's not to be missed. If I ever go back to my Big Welsh Book, I would absolutely kill to visit Ynys Mon!

Nita Wick said...

OMG! I can't believe you're even having trouble deciding. Go, go, go! Instead of thinking how much extra it's going to cost, think of how much you'll save by not making a return trip. :)

Go. Take lots of pictures. Get a real feel for the climate, the site, the sights, everything! The more real and tangible it is to you, the more real you can make it in your writing.

As for the luggage... Surely you can get one of the locals to help you for a little extra money. Since you're already in touch with the innkeeper, maybe you could arrange for someone from the inn to pick you up. ???

Lexi said...

Kerry and Nita, thanks. I think in my heart I've decided yes, but I just worry about money. It's doable and I totally think I'll be kicking myself if I don't. And Nita, yeah, I might actually ask at the hotel when I make my reservations. I'm waiting until after my surgery to make the reservations just in case I have to cancel. Hhhmmm, maybe I shouldn't wait. If I did cancel I'd only lose a small booking fee, not the whole amount.

Meggie, thanks to the brilliance all around me, you may get your wish.