Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday Already?

And it's almost over! I can't believe how fast this week has flown. I've been keeping busy.

Tuesday I had my Austin RWA meeting, which was great. We had a speaker talking about "the Dreaded Synopsis" and she gave some great information. Oh, and the best part of the night was I got to meet and speak with a lady who writes for the Harlequin line I'm targeting. We talked about the line, books and the editors. She was very encouraging and I've decided that if I don't get any requests from the agents I've queried, then I'm going to send to the line directly. Oh, and I happened to have one of this woman's books that I'd just recently finished reading so I asked her to sign it for me.

Wednesday I went to the travel agency and booked my flights for my Ireland/ Scotland trip. I'm thrilled. It turned out to be the amount that I expected and it was nice having someone else handle all the work. I'll have 9 1/2 days in Ireland and 8 1/2 days in Scotland.

Tonight I have a PTO meeting-ugh, why did I volunteer to be the staff representative?

Tomorrow we have a very LONG staff meeting planned and then I volunteered for the PTO's Family Movie Night. What was I thinking?

This weekend I'm hoping to really get some time to work on TCAFS for those upcoming contests and I want to take a peek again at FP's opening chapters (in case I do end up sending it to the Harlequin line directly).

Okay, back to Scotland and Ireland. I'm having issues with something and I need other people's opinions. Feel free to give me yours. So I've got 8 1/2 days in Scotland. I'm definitely spending most of the time in Edinburgh, but I'm trying to decide if I want to spend 2 nights in Glenfinnan, which is the inspiration for my fictional village. I'd have to take the train (which is my absolute FAVORITE ride, even in rain!) and staying in the hotels will be more money than the average Edinburgh B & B. I'd have to stay 2 nights because of the limited train schedule. Some friends says I should do it because I'm already spending a chunk of money, what's a little more? Also, after all my medical drama, I'm thinking life is too short not to go to my happy place when I have the chance. Even my mom says I'll kick myself if I don't go when I'm so close. Plus, if I go, I could stay in the hotel that is the inspiration for my current setting and the owner has been helping me with details for the books. The cons to this leg of the trip-I'd have to walk to the hotel from the train station with my luggage (about 7 weeks after surgery) and it is a bit pricey.

So, what do you think?


Bonnie Ferguson said...

Well, IF walking with the luggage won't cause you any harm, and IF the cost, though pricey, is manageable, then I'd say go with the option you feel best about. :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Bonnie. The price isn't so high that I'd never be able to pay it. It's just with my surgery coming up and those doctor bills already adding up, I'm just a little concerned I guess.