Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Exercise Your Right To Vote!

If you didn't participate in early voting, make sure to let your voice be heard today. Go out and VOTE! And now I'd like to share with you my version of the perfect political ticket:

President- Jack Bauer (from the show 24) because he's always willing to do what he thinks is in the country's best interest, even sacrifice himself.
Vice-President- Jonas Blane (from the show The Unit) because he's calm in a crisis, sensible, brilliant and I think he would be the perfect person to talk Jack OUT of sacrificing himself for the good of the country.
Secretary of State- Patrick Jane (from the new show The Mentalist) because he can read people in a flat second and can tell people what they need to hear.
Secretary of Defense- Jason Bourne (I shouldn't have to tell you where he's from) because he kicks butt, outsmarts the CIA and he's always thinking at least two steps ahead.

What about you? Which characters would you want running our country?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not my country, so I won't participate, but it's a cool idea for a blog post. :)

Canadians overwhelmingly want Obama to win, according to a Reader's Digest survey I read in my bathroom.

Hey, the word verification thingie says "kingsn." My dh's initials are SM King. Pretty darn close.

Anonymous said...

I like your ticket, Lexi! I'd vote for them! :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Cindy. It actually started off with me thinking about Jason Bourne and where he'd fit in...and the rest came up after that.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Tori! They are pretty great line-up, aren't they?

Unknown said...

I'd vote that ticket!!

Lexi said...

They are perfect, aren't they, Cat?

Anonymous said...

Very cool ticket, Lexi. I can't think of a full ticket, but I will say that my favorite president from a movie is Kevin Kline from Dave.

Lexi said...

I don't know that movie, Courtney. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to watch it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dave is a great movie...funny, uplifting. You should definitely check it out. It comes on cable occasionally.

Kelly Boyce said...

I would just like to elect Patrick Jane for anything. Head dishwasher, stableboy. Anything.