Friday, October 23, 2009

To NaNo Or Not?

For a few years now I've toyed with the idea of trying NaNoWriMo. I've usually been too busy with revisions to consider it, but this year I SHOULD be done with FP revisions. Also, the new suspense is clamoring in my head for more time with the muse. So I'm wondering if I should join. One of the local libraries is having a bunch of NaNo events that I can totally see myself joining and enjoying. I know that I won't be able to write a 50,000-word manuscript in 30 days, but I am interested in pushing myself and my muse to see just how much I can accomplish without killing myself or my muse, or neglecting the day job. So, what do you think? Anyone else joining?

3 comments:

Gary said...

I'm not joining, because I'm wondering why anyone would want to turn something as pleasurable as writing a manuscript into something gruling by trying to do it in thirty days? Is this supposed to be training, for procrastinating, then trying to meet a deadline?

Lexi said...

LOL, Gary! I'm just really excited about the new story and would love the chance to force myself to work on it.

Gary said...

Oh, well than, go for it!