Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

It's a GREAT Friday because I'm not at work and I got to sleep in! I'm lazy today, lying on the couch, having several cups of tea and reading Tracy Wolff's book. I'm not going to stop until I finish the last 70 pages! Then I'll see what time it is and what else I might want to do today.

Got my Scottish story scores back from that contest. Average of 8.7 out of 10 and the average finalist was 9.6. Judges' comments coming back are:
Is there a hook? "Absolutely, I want to read more. This is an interesting and easy read so far. Keep it up."
AND
"Strong voice, interesting setting, and a likable heroine. The pacing is quick. Writer has a very good grasp of the mechanics of writing. I think this is very close to publication!"

I can't WAIT to get back to the business of writing to my heart's content! Gotta get crackin' on that job hunt so the writing can take its proper place in my life!

No comments: