Tuesday, April 06, 2010

A Rejection Of A Different Kind!

Got a rejection yesterday from the editor who'd requested my latest suspense. Now, I admit colorful language flowed freely as I carried the envelope inside. BUT, this was a new step on the road to publication for me. The editor liked it! She said it had "a combination of smooth, clean storytelling and a compelling plot." She liked it so much she sent it to the senior editor because she wanted to buy it! But the senior editor didn't feel it was quite right. But HEY!!! No one's ever been that interested in my writing to send it to the senior editor for approval! So I'M GETTING CLOSER!!!!

4 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Yep sometimes rejection can add a spring to your step. Keep plugging away.

Gossip Cowgirl said...

Yay!! That is a great rejection for the wall! :-) Keep it up!!

Kerry Blaisdell said...

Whoo-hoo! That's great!!

Kelly Boyce said...

That's awesome, Lexi! If you're going to get a rejection, that's the kind to get!