Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ahhhhhh

New AC and a good, strong cup of tea! What could be better? (Well, a book contract would be nice....).

The guys (another 2 cute, respectful, young guys) worked from about 8 until 12:30 putting in my AC. I spent time on the computer filling out some job applications, sending some writing related emails and working on details for my tutoring business.

I'll be having a contest sometime soon for some historical books and maybe a little something extra. More details coming soon.

And if you're not going to RWA Nationals but wish you were, I'll tell you now that I intend to take lots of pictures and upload them on a regular basis next week. (Yes, that means uploading them quicker than I have been with my Mexico pics. BUT those of you who have been reading this blog for a while will remember all those Ireland/Scotland/England pictures I used to upload months after the trip, right? I'm making progress, at least!) With me as a Daphne finalist and my roomie, Cat Schield, as a Golden Heart finalist, we're sure to have some GREAT tales for you!

4 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Apparently there's another Lexi Connor - one who's publishing a book with Scholastic next year. But she's a children's author, I think.

Lexi said...

Yea, Tez, she is a children's author. I've even gotten some of her fan mail.

I picked another last name to switch to, but I figured I'm not going to change my website, blog, writing personality until I have a contract. Why not? Because what it I change it again and then that name gets used by an author before I sell?

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you roomie!!

Gary said...

The guys (another 2 cute, respectful, young guys) worked from about 8 until 12:30 putting in my AC.

Okay, you could have dropped the "cute". I would never describe women as "cute".