Saturday, September 17, 2005

Curses! Foiled Again!

I'm stumped. In the start of chapter 8, I'm stuck. I like where chapter 7 ended and I love where chapter 8 is going, but the simple, one scene that connects them is escaping me at the moment! I've demanded that my characters talk to me and share their wisdom with me, but I think they're content with making me suffer. Maybe because I've been listening and jotting ideas down from the 3rd and 4th heroes. Maybe because I've been so productive and everything has been flowing for a while now. But Grace and Ethan really aren't that vindictive, at least not with me. So, what the hell is messing me up? And I can feel it in my bones that it's a simple solution. One that I'll go, "Oh, duh! Why didn't I think of that first thing?" But with the entire manuscript riding on this one scene...the pressure is on. Although, I'm not frantic about it. I know it'll come. It just means that I won't make my quota of finishing chapters 6-11 this weekend. Oh, well. Who really suffers in the end? As long as I love the story that emerges, not me. I'm off to watch a comedy and maybe make another plea to my hero and heroine.

No comments: