Friday, September 16, 2005

Here I Am!

I feel like I haven't blogged for ages! In truth, I've just been busy with that pesky little thing called "the day job." It's been a full week, that's for sure, full of ups and downs and me questioning my sanity. But the thing that kept me sane (Well, as sane as I can be) was knowing that I could spend the weekend working on my wonderful, prize winning manuscript!

I've got a ton of things to do this weekend, including sleeping in, but I have writing goals. I have every intention of meeting them. I expect to revise 6 chapters between now and Sunday evening. I'm also going to clean the house, run some errands, go to Julie Ortolon's party for the release of her latest trilogy. Oh, and let's not forget the papers I have to grade. And the progress reports I didn't get to do during this last week. And some book fair stuff. (Thankfully my French class doesn't start for a few more weeks!)

See, I've got relatives coming into town starting next Thursday. A couple that live here and were just on vacation and a couple who live in different countries. The relatives from other countries I haven't seen for 2 years and 4 years. I'm so excited! BUT, I must have the first draft of my manuscript before they arrive so that I can concentrate on visiting with them. So, no more talking! I must get back to work!

No comments: