Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Voices...

Okay. In my head, right at this very moment, I've got ten people talking to me! But you know what? I wouldn't want it any other way! Most of these characters play some part in this current manuscript, but others don't even make an appearance until the next book. So, here's the rundown...

Book 1- I've got the hero and heroine of this one, who are extremely patient with me. They're just happy I'm finally back to work on their story. I've also got the villain, who wants me to add more face time for him. Greedy SOB.

Book 2- Then there's the heroine of the next story, who doesn't really believe in love. Oh, and her partner is in here too. And of course her hero is camped out upstairs too, but he's the most patient man I've ever met. Both of them are in book 1, but they know nothing about each other...yet.

Book 3- THEN, there's the obnoxious playboy who keeps hounding me. I've tried to tell him to just go have another affair or two until I can get to his story, but he's not listening! And of course we have his lovely, unsuspecting heroine who plays a supporting role in book 1. I've kind of hinted that she's going to end up with the playboy, but she balks at that everytime. She reminds me her brother (the hero of book 1) would kill her if she gets involved with his obnoxious buddy. Poor girl! She has no idea what she's in for when I get to book three!

Book 4- And last, but certainly not least, is the hero of the 4th book. He says nothing. He just stares at me from the darkest corner of my brain. It's like he's challenging me to write a story for him. If I didn't already know and love him, I might actually find him and his actions kinda creepy! As for his heroine, she's in here somewhere...

5 comments:

Allison Brennan said...

Sounds like your head is having too much fun . . . and a lot like my head right now. I'm waiting for revisions on THE KILL so I've had all weekend to think . . . and while I love that ideas come to me so easy, I hate that I don't have time to write them all down.

Good luck on all your stories!!!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Allison! I know what you mean about not having enough time to write everything down. But, I never want to say "I wish I didn't have all these ideas." Jinxing myself would be the worst punishment! So, I happily jot down just enough to get my point across and then I go back to the current one. Luckily, my characters are usually pretty patient with me.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Christine. That sound so familiar.

The characters for my next book are demanding "head time". Unfortunately I'm two chapters away from finishing the WIP and I know I have rewrites to do, so they will just have to wait.

Kinda like having multiple personalities, eh?

Anonymous said...

I know the perfect way to kill all those little voices. Write a synopsis. :)

Lexi said...

No, Michelle! I don't want to kill them off and I certainly DO NOT want to write a synopsis! I actually don't mind all the craziness in my head!