Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's About Time

Yeah, I figured I owed you an update. My writing challenge with my local chapter is going soooo well. I LOVE my new story. It's totally a short contemporary, which is completely new ground for me. I'm having fun and relaxing with it. I'm averaging about 500 words a day, which is pretty good considering all the other crap going on around me. So far I've got about 25 pages. I still don't have a title for it but I don't care. I started thinking of the Lifetime and Hallmark movies that I love to watch over and over again. I dug deep to try and find what it was about the story or characters that I love. Doing that was a huge help and as a result I'm trying hard to focus on my characters and their journeys in this manuscript.

School is going well enough. I'm really ready for another break, though. Spring break is only 6 weeks and 3 days away! (But who's counting?) Got a field trip with the 5th grade tomorrow to the newspaper. Should be interesting. We're not big enough for a bus, so last year I had to make 2 trips to get the kids there. (And I had one parent driving) This year I have enough drivers so that I don't have to drive at all! Yay!

Got my ESL class tonight. I went last night too. I was exhausted, but I had a great time with the students. It's so nice to have adult conversations and adults asking questions and not giving me lip. Even though it makes for a long day when I teach there at night, they make it so worth it! They will be my saving grace this semester.

I want to write all the time and I can't but I'm enjoying the time when I can. Speaking of which, I'm heading back to my words for today. I'm already at 562 for today! I'd love to hit 1000. If I don't make it, it's not big deal. This challenge is 100 days. I'm sure I'll have more 1000-word days between now and when it's over. My goal is to have my rough draft done by the end of this challenge. Maybe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying the ESL class and best of luck with the writing!! :)