Friday, January 13, 2006

What's New?

Not much. I finished reading my second book of the year- Strange Fits of Passion by Anita Shreve. It was...uncomfortable. It was well written and I love her work now, but the subject matter is disturbing. (Abused wife on the run with a baby finds comfort in a small town until the husband finds her.) Next I'll be reading a book a woman I work with gave me for my birthday in 2004. It's been on my To Be Read shelf since and I decided to finally read it. Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson. I'm also reading The Midwife's Apprentice along with my 5th graders.

Tuesday I start my first full semester of teaching ESL to adults. I'm a little nervous but I'm so very excited! I'll be there one or two nights every week. Academically my day job is going well. I'm pleased. However, there was an incident today that helped me come to a decision. Or close to a decision. It wasn't a big deal, but it was to me. All I'll say is after this incident, I know what I have to do with my life. (Don't worry. It's not traumatic. I'm just very dramatic!)

On the writing front, I have done nothing except one little paragraph since November. I have no desire to write, be creative or seek out agents/ editors. I have no doubt I'll write again. (I always have.) I just have no idea when. I signed up for my local chapter's 100 words/ 100 days challenge. That starts on Monday. I'm hoping it will kickstart my creativity. A hundred words a day for a hundred days shouldn't be that difficult, right?

We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs on the incident, Christine! And don't worry--the writing will always be there. :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Michelle. I needed to hear that!