Monday, September 01, 2008

I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT!

I typed the last pages of DANCE AWAY, DANGER and added those sweet words "THE END"! I'd hoped to have it completed by Tuesday night and so I'm psyched I finished early. And the ending? It's so ABSOLUTELY perfect for my hero and heroine! I'm celebrating with a cupcake after I finish this post. (There's a cupcake in one of the scenes I wrote today...er, Sunday.)

So Monday (which I guess is already "today"), I'll focus on school work. Then Tuesday through Thursday nights I'm going to READ! Then next weekend I'm going to read through my story one last time before I send it to my wonderfully brilliant CPs (who will then tear it apart).

This manuscript completion is special for a number of reasons. First and foremost, this is the first manuscript I've completed since December 2006. I wrote another story in 2007, but it had such holes and I got so distraught I never revised it. Another reason this one is important is it's the first suspense I've written since 2005. (I ventured into the world of short contemporaries for a while, remember?) During this writing, I realized without a doubt that suspense is my niche. Of course, this one is special too because it's absolutely the best story I've ever written. (But I do tend to say that after each manuscript) I can totally see my growth as a writer in this manuscript and I hope others will as well.

So raise a glass, lift up a cupcake and celebrate with me!

11 comments:

Kerry Blaisdell said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! That's very exciting, and I can't wait to join you in a month or two, when I finally finish DAD. It's such a great feeling, isn't it? *:?)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Kerry! Good luck to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Tori! I'm taking a much- needed and well-deserved break today.

Avery Beck said...

Yay! Congrats!! I'm eating leftover pancakes, does that count? :-)

Lexi said...

Avery, pancakes, cupcake, whatever cake...they all work!

TJ Brown said...

Huge Congrats, Lexi! It feels so good!
Teri

Bailey Stewart said...

Congratulations Lexi!!! And those are special reasons. Heck, have two cupcakes!!!!

Lexi said...

Teri, it still feels AWESOME!

Bailey, the cupcake wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Hmm, maybe I should find another place to buy a cupcake for when I do the next round of revisions. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lexi. That's great.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Cindy!