Sunday, December 28, 2008

Checkin' In

Hi! I hope all is well as you wait for the New Year to take over. Christmas has been...interesting for me. I got some wonderful gifts and have spent some wonderful time with family and friends. I got FIVE Barnes & Noble gift cards!!! Can you believe it? I was giddy as I opened the last couple. I thought about how if I worked it right I wouldn't have to actually PAY CASH for a book until the last quarter of 2009.

I haven't done much writing, but I've done a bit of brainstorming and I've been reading a lot. I've got about 6 pages on the new suspense that's going to take place in Scotland, No Surrender. Today I started reading Tall, Dark & Lethal by Dana Marton. It's my 5th book since leaving Austin. I tried to put it on the blog, but I can't for whatever reason. I'm hoping to get some more writing done in the next week, but if I don't that's okay too. Everyone needs a break once in a while.

My grandfather has been in a nursing home for a week now (after a week in the hospital) and he is continuing to fail. More is wrong with him every few days and he's starting to say things that make no sense. I've been to the nursing home six out of seven days. It's painful enough to watch him go through this, but to be next to my mom and know I really can't do anything to help her is a vicious pain. As for me, I'm all right. I know change is coming in 2009 and I'm just trying to wrap my head around all the possibilities. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and give an extra hug to those important people in your lives.

3 comments:

Shari said...

{{{HUGS}}} Lexi. Those changes you're going through are what we have to live through as adults. ARGH! I hate the loss and pain, but I can't help but quote The Lion King and the whole "circle of life" idea....

Learn what you can, give love, and pray for peace for everyone.

Lori Borrill said...

I'm so sorry your grandfather isn't doing well. Hugs and prayers, and know that just being there is a huge help to your mother.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you and your grandfather in my thoughts. I know how tough those last days/weeks/months can be.