Monday, April 13, 2009

Shock and Awe Of A Different Kind

Have you ever been watching a TV show faithfully, loving the twists and turns, the interactions of the characters, rooting for the good guys and then....WHAM! The TV show Powers-That-Be throw you for a TOTAL loop? I know, for me, this is the best type of storytelling, but WOW! I was knocked down, run over and left for dead when one of my favorite characters turned and did some "not-so-heroic" activities that I never saw coming! I'm SHOCKED...and awed, actually. Awesome storytelling! The episode's been over for almost 2 hours and I'm still sitting here trying to justify what he did. I keep thinking, "I can't believe he did that! How could he?" Too I'm sitting here trying to figure out a way to redeem him, you know, so he can eventually get his HEA. But right now he doesn't deserve one. But WOW! As for writing, I really hope I'm able to shock and awe my audience someday with talent like that.

UPDATE: Wednesday night...still thinkin' how much I hate him right now.

6 comments:

Lexi said...

And just in case you're curious, the show was 24.

Kelly Boyce said...

I have missed 24 this season. I missed so many episodes now I have to wait until it comes out on DVD. :( Looks like I'm in for a roller coaster!

Lexi said...

Oh, Kelly, it has been an AWESOME season! I haven't watched all 7 seasons, but this one and season 6 I watched all the way through. I've heard people say that the last few seasons weren't as good, but critics say this season the show is back to its former glory.

Here it is 1 PM and I'm STILL thinking about it!

Tori Lennox said...

I was totally SHOCKED at the ending last night! I so did not see that coming!!!

Tori Lennox said...

I have to disagree, though, that this is a great season. I've mostly found it boring beyond belief. But last night rocked. :)

Lexi said...

Really, Tori? Which season so far do you think has been best. My intention is to watch all the seasons from the beginning because I love this show and I want more. I liked last season, but I still love this one.

And the previews for next week do not lend my favorite character to redeeming himself. UGH. I'm so torn whether to love him or hate him, believe in him or consider him guilty!