Friday, November 06, 2009

NaNo Friday

I'm learning quite a lot from my Nano experience and I already feel like a winner. I've never before written close to 10,000 words in a six day period. It can be done. I'm finding time I didn't know I had to write. I can get the juices flowing if I allow myself to write some crap. And the most important lesson so far in my NaNo experience: This is NOT for the faint-hearted!

Kelly Boyce was my inspiration for joining NaNo. She spoke of it on her blog back when I had no idea what it was. Since then, I've read her blog posts about the experience and thought I definitely wanted to try. So here I am, having a GREAT time (so far) and thanks, Kelly!

Tomorrow is my Austin RWA writers' retreat. I'm psyched about getting to spend the entire weekend with like-minded individuals AND with my characters. I'm taking a few CD's for inspiration, a couple of books to read in case I need a break, and all my notes on the WIP. Oh yeah, and a notebook. No, I haven't bought myself a laptop yet so I'm relying on pen, paper and sharpened pencils to get me through the weekend. (And some good food, good company and good beer.) I'll check in with you when I get back on Sunday. To those of you doing NaNo, good luck! To those of you enjoying your weekend doing something else fun, have a great time!

No comments: