Monday, March 29, 2010

New Stuff

Well, I entered the beginning of my new suspense and my new Scottish story in a contest last month and found out a bit ago that the suspense didn't final.

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Okay, I'm seriously done complaining. Why? The comments from the judges were great- "wanted to keep reading", "REALLY had to look to find something to criticize", "good pace and budding romance" just to name a few. This also reinforces for me that I know how to hook a reader and I don't have to worry about my book openings. (LOL! Now if I could just figure out how to pull off the rest!)

AND.... My entry's score was: 9.22 (out of 10)
The finalists’ scores were: 9.81, 9.75, 9.75, 9.65

A girl has NO RIGHT to complain about that!

I'll share the Scottish story comments/scores when I get them.

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Great scores. Congrats!

Kelly Boyce said...

Congrats! Those are great scores. Good luck with the Scottish historical.