Sunday, May 22, 2005

The end is near!

Wahoo! I'm so excited! I just finished my very last academic assignment for the school year. I've been grading and averaging grades since about 10 this morning. BUT, I'm done! No more papers to grade until August! No more lesson plans to create! No more wondering if I lost an assignment or if the kid just didn't turn it in. So, all I have this week is copying grades into the report cards tomorrow, along with cleaning the room and collecting books. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I'll be on a field trip to West Texas with 5th, 6th and 7th grade. Then Friday is half day/ field day! Oh, and the middle school end of the year dance is on Friday too. BUT, the best news is that now I can concentrate on finishing the book!

Speaking of the book, I had a wonderful day yesterday. I spent the entire day plotting and writing. I ended up adding 13 pages to the manuscript and jotting more ideas down for the very end battle scene. I've got a good feeling about this! So, once I do a few things around the house and have some dinner, I'll be jumping back into the manuscript.

No comments: