Monday, May 23, 2005

Evil Surrounds Me

So, I did manage to get some more written last night. Then I was wide awake until 1 trying to plot the ending. Today I'm tired, but I'd planned to do a whole bunch of writing so I could send off a chunk of chapters to my critique partners.

BUT, there was an evil force lurking about. The dark side called to me. No, it wasn't Darth Vader stopping by to tell me he was my father. It was my best friend, Nancy, and this wonderful invention called AOL Instant Messenger. I installed it over the weekend and today was the first time I used it. Nancy and I chatted for about an hour. It was almost like the good old days of sitting at her house, me with my hot tea and Nancy with her iced tea, and the two of us just talking about whatever came into our minds. I can't wait to see you, Nancy!

So, needless to say, I haven't done much work. Sure we only chatted for an hour, but that threw my whole schedule off. I had to eat, and then clean out my car. Now I'm waiting for laundry to dry so I can pack for my wonderful field trip with the 5th, 6th and 7th grades (Tuesday through Thursday). So why don't I get back to work now, you say? I don't know. I guess I gotta be in the right mood. Plus, I need a whole chunk of time to write and I really don't have much more than an hour or two to get everything done. Maybe I'll jot some stuff down. Maybe I'll handwrite some pages over the next three days, although I don't imagine I'll have a lot of alone time. (In that respect, this could be a nightmare! I'm used to my own company and quite enjoy the silence that surrounds me when I leave work. How will I survive without that?)

Okay. Enough rambling. I'm off to balance my checkbook (a colossal nightmare if there ever was one!), finish my packing and relax. Have a wonderful few days and I'll post at the end of the week.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Send me, send me, send me your stuff!