Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

Hi! I'm another year older. I've had a good weekend. My Texas Longhorns beat the crap out of OU yesterday, my Patriots won today, my 2nd favorite baseball team (Houston Astros) won in the longest postseason game ever and are headed to the next round of the playoffs. I had a nice meal and a cake with family today. Went to a party with family yesterday and had good food, good drinks and good fun! Today we sent the 2nd cousin off to continue his journey. It was a sad time since we don't really know when we'll see him again, but it was WONDERFUL having him here.

But, now I need to get back to work. The school book fair is over (YAY!) and we made some great money for our school library. I have an exam to take in December that I need to start studying for. I have French lessons to prepare, report cards to do this week and parent conferences tomorrow. And of course, I have the book to finish! I'm so excited about getting back to the book. I'll do some tonight while I hopefully watch the Angels beat the crap out of the Yankees. Then tomorrow I can get back to a normal writing work schedule.

4 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Happy Belated bday! Hope things start to settle down for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is next week. We can both celebrate being a year older.

Man, I miss the days of birthday parties. :)

Lexi said...

Thanks to you both and happy early birthday to you, Michelle!

Yes, Elisabeth, things are slowing down just a tiny bit. But now I'm also moving on to the next set of "things to do!" Just as long as "finishing that book" is on the top of that priority list.

Well, that and doing report cards...after I finish all the grading...

Karmela said...

Happy Birthday Christine! Coincidentally enough, my b-day was Oct. 10!