Monday, November 07, 2005

...And The Hero

Ryan: Hey! What about me? I expect equal time here.

Chris: (grins) Sorry, Ryan. You know I love you.

Ryan: Yeah, well. I just want to make sure you'll be listening to me too. Just because I'm not crazy like T (sorry, T) obnoxious like Shiner (sorry, Shiner), or stubborn like Ethan...

Ethan: Wait a minute! I'm not stubborn.

Jacey: Stay out of this, Ethan. Ryan, what makes you think you're not stubborn?

Ryan: Come on, this is me we're talking about. (Turns to me) Chris, tell her.

Chris: Actually...

Ryan: Women! (rolls his eyes) I'm outta here. (Turns back to me) I'll talk to you later about this.

Jacey: (Blocks the doorway, arms folded across her chest) And what about me?

Ryan: (His gaze roams up and down her body) I haven't decided what I'm going to do to you yet.

Jacey: Don't you mean with me?

Ryan: (A hint of raw hunger dances in his eyes) Not necessarily.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

I love the excitement of a new book . . . getting to know your characters, finding out what makes them tick, diving into a new story.

Okay, that's sorta true. I hate first chapters, but I do love starting a new book and having endless possibilities.

It's only when I get to about ch 7 that I freak out and think, 'Oh, crap. There's no way I'm getting all of this in this one little book!' ARGH (can you tell where I am now????)