Saturday, November 19, 2005

Golden Heart Moments

As I type this, I am printing out my synopses for the GH. I printed the partials and burned the CD last night. I thought I'd get this entry in the mail today, but I had a hard time cutting my synopsis down to size. But now it's done. I'm so relieved. Of course, I found a very, very minor issue with the manuscript that I needed to correct as well. So minor that I don't think anyone but me would notice and be affected, but still I needed to fix it for my own peace of mind.

So, the work is done. The entry will be mailed Monday after work. I am now COMPLETELY done with UCOD. I'm moving it to my "Finished manuscripts" folder.

Now comes the time to assist my CP with finishing her GH entry. It shouldn't be that hard. After all, she's brilliant! Except, I can't open the document she sent me today because she left it password protected.

So, I'm thinking of starting right in with the next book. Or I could read. Or I could watch TV. Or surf the Internet. Or pay Go Daddy for my domain name. Or make some dinner.

School is going well. I had a day off this last week so I could go to a conference for English Language Learners. What a wonderful experience! I had an awesome time. And then, I got called to substitute teach an adult class of ESL students. Of course I said yes. It turned out to be me and 4 women. I was much more comfortable and confident than the week before and I had so much fun! We studied a bit for their final exam and then we had the youngest woman show us how to do some dance. I agreed to this only if she agreed to explain everything in English. It was so much fun and once again I came out of that class with the feeling that this is what I'm truly meant to do (well, besides writing, of course!). What an awesome feeling to be in a classroom with students who actually want to learn and who don't give me attitude!

Of course, I still love my 5th, 6th and 7th graders too. They continue to amaze me everyday. I get upset or angry about something and then one of them says or does something to make me proud. I truly feel I've got the best of all worlds.

4 comments:

TJ Brown said...

Hi Christine... I entered in the YA catagory. We are just happy to have made it. Regency and Traditional did not.

What catagry are you? Or your book. LOL
Teri

Lexi said...

Teri, thanks for stopping by! I entered romantic suspense.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your GH entry! I entered short historical. ;)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Michelle! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. Of course, we've got sa loooong stretch o' waiting before we hear anything...