Saturday, November 26, 2005

Not Enough Time

Here it is, minutes from Sunday morning and I'm running out of time! 24 hours in a day just isn't enough for me to do all that I want! And 5 days away from my day job just isn't long enough either.

As for my Thanksgiving break, it has been glorious. I avoided the crowds of Black Friday and stayed home to watch the pitiful display of Texas Longhorn football. Yes, they won, but they played like crap. I rented 3 movies- Fever Pitch (which I loved since I grew up in RI and totally understood all the Red Sox passion), Miss Congeniality 2, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and day. I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2 days. I thought about going to see the movie, but my manuscript SCREAMED to me! So, I've been typing and plotting and planning (oh my!) for a HUGE chunk of yesterday and today. Tomorrow I have a bunch of school work to do. I'm also forcing myself to get up early with the alarm so that I can break my cycle of going to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning and sleeping until 9 or 10. Wouldn't look good for me to show up to work at 9 when school starts at 7:50!

And now I only have 3 work weeks before Christmas break. 3 hectic, stressful, busy weeks. How on earth can I get everything done when all I want to do is work on my new book??? Okay, enough chatting. I'm going back to my typing so I can get a few more pages done before I go to bed. Oh, hell. Who am I kidding? At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be up for another couple of hours. This new couple is so ready to be front and center. They cannot WAIT to get together and they seem to want me to have their rough draft done by the start of the new year. Don't know if that will happen, but I can definitely see it as a possibility. I've already started scoping out January and February contests to enter with this new one. My own goal is to have it done completely by spring break. However, Jacey laughs at me and Ryan just shakes his head. They apparently have a different time-table than I do.

OH!! Speaking of creative differences with the writer, the hero of book #3 took quite a bit of my time today to explain that the plot I so lovingly started crafting for him is most definitely NOT what happens. Since I learned with this last manuscript that I must allow my characters to tell their story, I just obediently took notes from him and put aside my own plot plans. The heroine remains the same. The hero says at least I got that right.

Okay, now really. I'm going back to my manuscript.

1 comment:

Allison Brennan said...

Don't you just LOVE it when your characters start directing the show? LOL. Good luck on getting the manuscript done in 2005 . . . I'm rooting for you.