Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Almost There

My excitement for my trip continues to pick up speed now. I can't believe I'm really going to Ireland and then back to Scotland! I hope 5 rolls of film will be enough!

I got my business cards in the mail today from Vista Print. I LOVE them! I'm so glad I got them. There's already a stack in my carry-on luggage just in case I make some new friends on my travels.

As for packing, I'm just about finished. I've got a few odds and ends that I can't put in until tomorrow and then of course there are the odds & ends you have to wait to pack until the morning of travel. It's been kind of odd trying on, buying and packing long sleeved shirts and sweaters when it's 90+ degrees here. But I'm soooooooo looking forward to the cooler weather. I even packed my Texas winter pajamas! (Hey, the overnight temps in both Ireland and Scotland are in the 40's and low 50's. BBBRRR!)

I'm also trying something else new this trip. I haven't packed 1 T-shirt. I love T-shirts and I live in them as much as possible. I know I'll probably buy a couple there, but I decided to pack clothes that don't make me look like an American hood. So, no T-shirts. Only dressier clothes (but still comfortable) and 3 different pairs of shoes. I figured if I want people to take me seriously as a pre-pubbed author, then I better start looking more respectable when I'm out and about! Image. It's never too early to revamp.

I'm off to read a bit and work on FP revision ideas. Have a good night!

4 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Oh I so wish I was going this year. But I'll make up for it in San Fran next year! I hope you have a great time.

Lexi said...

Kelly, are you talking about Nationals? I wish you were going to that too. I figure I'll be all geared up to talk about that when I get back from Ireland and Scotland. I can't even think about Nationals yet! One trip at a time.

Anonymous said...

I'm just so jealous about your trip! It sounds like such fun! :)

Nita Wick said...

I'm jealous, too! Of Kelly and Lexi! LOL I probably won't make Nationals again to 2010 when it's in Nashville and close enough to drive. And who knows when I'll get to Scotland and Ireland.

Enjoy your trip! Post as soon as you get back!!!