Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good Times A-Comin'

Tomorrow is Friday and I have a writing weekend planned! A few of the ladies from my local ARWA group are having a brainstorming mini-retreat. We'll be working to knock out all the kinks in each others' books. This is EXACTLY what I need because I can't seem to get my head or my heart committed to one story. Yes, I know I said Broken Promises was too easy to walk away from and therefore I was going to put that one on the back burner, but then Nicole commented on my blurb for the story and that got me excited about it again. Although Resisting Ryan still feels like the stronger story of the two. Ah, well, never mind. We'll figure it out this weekend! I'll report back to you on Sunday with details!

I'm also looking forward to this weekend to get away from the grandfather drama and the stress that's starting to pile up again from the day job. No changes with my grandfather, although I've spoken to him a couple of times this week. The job is good, just busy and this semester is ALWAYS busier for me than the 1st due to my ESL kids. Man, do I need this break!

What about you? Any big weekend plans?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great writing weekend, Lexi!!! :)

Unknown said...

Good luck with your retreat. I'd love to do something like that. Get the creative juices flowing.

I've got a baby shower tomorrow for the neighbor. Then Inkheart with my daughter on Sunday.

Life on the wildside.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. I might be attending a milestone birthday party for a friend (I'm unclear on the plans). Other than that, it's all business of writing. I have a ton of stuff to get through. Catching up on writing expenses bookkeeping, etc. Plus, Penny has a week-long promo thing next week and an interview on Tuesday - so rest for the wicked!