Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Official

Eric and Shannon will wait. I haven't heard a peep out of Shannon. Eric's been slipping me golden nuggets of dialogue and ideas for a scene here and there, but he's not ready to give me anything more. Hhhmm, maybe he doesn't trust me yet?

So as of tomorrow, I'll be focusing entirely on Broken Promises. That story is in my heart and in my head lately and I'm really looking forward to exploring that. It didn't start out there. In the beginning of the draft, I had a hard time figuring out what the hero and heroine wanted and why they were meant to be together. More than usual, I mean. I actually got to the point where I thought of tossing the story into the recycle bin. After the "ease" of Danger, Broken Promises felt too hard for me to write well. But as time went on, as I crafted rough scenes, as I decided who would play them in the made-for-tv movie, my enthusiasm for the story grew. Now I'm in the perfect place to take the almost 40,000 words and mold them into a story worthy of a book contract.

And what about Eric and Shannon, you ask? I expect Eric will sneak a scene to me here and there as he opens up to Caitlin (my muse, for those who don't remember) and me. Then maybe Shannon will join the conversation too. Their story, whatever it's about, will come when they're ready to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure both stories will be fabulous! :)

Lexi said...

Aw, thanks, Bonnie!