Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Honey, I'm Home!

It's HOT here in Austin! It's averaging around 100 degrees with very little rain in sight. And guess what I get to do? Move! I bought a place and now I get the fun times of unloading my storage unit and setting up house and home. I've already done 3 carloads of boxes and met one of my neighbors (who seems very nice). I decided to take a lunch break and then I'll tackle actually unpacking some stuff.

OH! Speaking of unpacking, guess what I've found in my storage unit? 2 boxes of books I knew about and...THREE more I'd forgotten! All the boxes say "Books to Keep" on them, but you know what? I can't keep all those! I have tons where I am never mind all the boxed ones. So I'm going through them and making a pile for donating. I'm only keeping the ones I really, really want to keep. (Like the ones I still think about, those I'd like to reread and those signed by the author for me.)

Needless to say, I'm not writing or revising right now. I am reading, though, to keep Caitlin happy until I get back to revisions. I've got my Austin RWA meeting tonight and our guest speaker is Christie Craig.

No comments: