Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can I Handle It?

I've spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time on the Mills & Boon New Voices website over the last week, with more time spent each day. I admit that I check the comments and rating of my own entry, but I also have spent a lot of time (we're talking hours) reading and commenting on other entries. Now, I can have the vicious thoughts about rating others in my category really low, but I have too much respect for them and myself to stoop that low. In the end, the work has to stand on its own. The entries I've commented on or rated, I did with an honest heart either to support or help the writer. But I've been glued to the site for too long.

SOOOOOOOO........

Tomorrow I will not look at the Mills & Boon website AT ALL. I decided to see if I could walk away from it for a 24-hour period. I have to tell you I have doubts about my willpower. But I'm going to give it a try. So, from 12:00 Thursday morning until 12:00 Friday morning, I will not be reading or rating anything. Do you think I can do it?

Of course, if you happen to check the website and notice that I magically got back in the Top Ten (I'm currently at #15 out of 283 entries), feel free to leave me a comment! I'll check in tomorrow when I'm not on the New Voices website!

UPDATE: At 1, I was ready to come online and check. I didn't.
At 2, I thought, "Seriously? I have to go another 22 hours?
At 2:35, I don't think I'll make the entire day.....
Luckily I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

Tez Miller said...

What's the direct link to your ranking?

http://www.romanceisnotdead.com/Entries/69-Her-Highland-Champion - not showing a ranking that I can see.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Tez, but it's more complicated than that. I'll let you know when I check! (Hopefully not until after midnight tonight my time!)