After my second week of work, here are the new discoveries I've made:
1. I am not cut out to be an editor. I need to stick to the creative side of a book. As a result, I am no longer working as an editor.
2. My other career is education. I attended orientation for substitute teaching, which will give me a job, get me in the schools to network, and allow me to do what I do best. I can work as much or as little as I want.
3. I am both excited and nervous about entering the Mills & Boon New Voices Contest. The thought of my work being made public for all to see and comment on absolutely thrills and terrifies me. Yes, I realize I will be putting my work out there when I get published, but this is the first experience I'm going to have with public criticism.
4. I still believe I made the right decision to leave my toxic teaching job. I just wish I'd saved more money for it.
5. Beign a professional writer is definitely the best job. This is my calling, this is what I'm meant to do, and every day I feel my "call" is one day closer.