Sunday, April 23, 2006

Good Morning!

There. That sounds happy, right? I'm cranky today with no real reason. I've got a lot of work to do and I don't want to do any of it. I'm feeling like crap and all I want to do is sleep. But, I must go on.

The writing challenge is on day 98. I haven't missed one. I won't miss one. I've slowed down quite a bit over the last couple of days, struggling to make just over 100 words when earlier in the week I had several days over 1000. But, I've still succeeded in the challenge and I love the story. Just wish I had lots of time to work on it. This week I should be able to work on it more. I only have my adult ESL class tomorrow night and then I have no other night commitments so I'll be able to play. Course, I do have a hefty amount of grading to do and progress reports to get out, but other than that I can concentrate on typing up the pages I've handwritten over the last week. THEN, I can work on rearranging and finishing up the 1st draft! Oh, and I still have those agent queries to send out. I know, I know, I promised to have them out by last Friday. As long as I have them out by my next Austin RWA meeting I'll be fine. (Sadly, sometimes the day job must come first!)

My CP, Jenna, is hard at work on her new manuscript and she's just so awesome. I can't believe the talent and she continues to blow me away with each page! She and I are both waiting to hear about the finalists for the Happily Ever After contest. We should know if we finaled by the end of next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Speaking of contests, I got my GH scores. I made the 2nd quarter and I'm pretty happy with my scores. A couple were low, but I got some good ones too. I realize how subjective this is, but my goal is to make the top quarter for the next GH contest.

Okay, I'm off to make another cup of tea and then get started on typing those pages I need to type. The grading can wait a little longer...

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow, you're bookin' along! I'm starting to get settled in with the new house (it's amazing how much unpacking and arranging there is with six of us) and the animals are all getting into a routine. Believe it or not, I've actually got my laptop set up and a work place to write (in the sunroom, away from distractions!) Let me know if you need anything read or critiqued - I miss reading your stuff. Mostly, I miss talking to you. Your phone number is in my old email that I don't have anymore - I need it! I'm desperate to talk to you!! Miss you tons!!