Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Great Agent Hunt...Begins???

Yesterday I mentioned how I was going to start writing queries and sending them out on my romantic suspense story, Under Cover of Darkness. Today I actually logged onto RWA National and started cruising through the agent list. And then, of course, there is the non-RWA list out there somewhere. It's been about six years since I did this (you know, back when I had no idea what I was doing), but the agony came back quickly as I began to remember just how much of a process this is. I've been online for a while and yes I've written down several names, but the idea of actually tailoring letters, printing, sending them out and keeping track is just so overwhelming to me! But, I'm happy with my progress. I've got my notes. This week I pledge to send out 3. Maybe if I take baby steps it won't seem quite so stressful.

3 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Good luck on the agent hunt!

Anonymous said...

Send out at least 10. Your odds are better that way. Good luck!!

Lexi said...

Sheesh, Michelle, you are a slave driver! Just kidding. I plan to get up to about 10 or 12. It just might take me a couple of weeks to get them all out. I'll get there, don't you worry!