Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No End In Sight, But Side Trips Are Welcome

Thought I'd have this manuscript done during summer vacation. Not happening. The more I revise, the more I see I still have to write and rewrite. Not worried, though. I'm having way too much fun with these characters and this story.

Side Trip #1- A few thoughts for the next book are springing to mind. As well as ideas for a new suspense. Well, actually, the suspense ideas are for a manuscript that's about 100 pages written. I had just put it aside in January when I did my 100 words/100 days challenge.

Side Trip #2- Way back when my last romantic suspense, UCOD, won the GOTCHA contest. As a result, the top 4 entries were sent to an editor. Said editor just sent back the feedback and requested a proposal of my manuscript! Yay!

So, now I have a lot of work ahead of me in the next few weeks. Sending a query to my dream "line" for FP, putting the UCOD proposal together, finishing the manuscript of FP, learning new duties for my day job, which will start again waaaaaaaaay too soon.

But for now I think I'll have a beer, relax and go enjoy the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that idea! Enjoy the waves, a nice cool drink...

And don't sweat the book. Do the best job you can, that's what counts.