Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ireland Day 7

Today was cloudy, but sunny to start. We had some rain on and off, but again not enough to ruin our tour. Today we went to the Cliffs of Moher. WOW! It was beautiful! Oh, and my friends and I had been calling it the Cliffs of Moher, pronouncing it like "more". Our tour guide corrected us and said it like "mo-her". Anyway, here are the pictures I took at this place.




It started to rain just as we left the Cliffs. We drove through some more lovely countryside and stopped in Galway. The city center was 15 minutes away from our hotel, so our guide let us get out to shop for a couple of hours. I spent more money on gifts while my friend spent money on a pay toilet and then got locked inside. (Don't ask!)

The best part of the day for me was our visit to the King's Head pub. It was established in the late 1600's by the executioner of Charles II of England. As soon as I set foot in this place,, I could feel the history all around me. It was a small space with much of it still intact from long ago, but you could just envision the crowds, the laughter, the nefarious plans plotted in a darkened corner. I also imagined brawls breaking out and spilling out into the streets.

Thanks to Meggie MacDougall for mentioning my blog on hers! You're truly a lovely lass!

No comments: