Wednesday, August 01, 2007

End Of My Trip

Days 15 & 16 were spent in Edinburgh. I pretty much did the same things I'd done in the beginning of the week-took the bus into the city centre, checked E-mails, went shopping, wrote a little on the Royal Mile, went shopping again, stopped in Deacon Brodie's for dinner and drinks and then took the bus home. It was a very relaxing time and I was sad to leave. I didn't take anymore pictures so I have no more to post.

Day 17 I got up (actually, I didn't sleep) and got a cab to the airport about 4 a.m. I was counting out my pounds and pence at the airport and the driver told me not to worry if I didn't have enough. That floored me and made my eyes start welling up again! I did have enough for the fare and a tip, but he wouldn't take the tip, telling me to make sure I had enough for a cup of tea and something to eat in the airport.

I managed to get home in an uneventful manner, which was very good. Then I had to start facing the real world again. Well, thank you for letting me relive my vacation in my posts here.

Speaking of vacation, I only have a couple more weeks before I go back to work. Ugh! School starts too soon for me! And yet, I find myself thinking about lessons and things I want to do differently this year and wondering if I'll get along with the new teachers. (That last one's pretty much a given. I think I'm a very easy person to get along with!) Since Nationals I've been working extremely hard on my manuscripts-lots of revisions going on here! I think I might have had another breakthrough of understanding after reading a fellow Celtic Hearts author. Now if I can just apply what I've learned to the manuscript I'm revising!

Speaking of that Celtic Hearts author, it's Monica McCarty. Go. Get. Her. Book. Now. Highlander Untamed. Oh, I finished it in 2 days and it was so awesome! It's been a while since I've read a Scottish historical that grabbed me as much as this one did. I couldn't put it down and I can't wait for the next one!

Okay, enough babbling. I'm off to do some plotting, planning and revising! Catch you later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you had a wonderful trip! :)

Kelly Boyce said...

Sounds like you had such a fabulous trip! Good luck with the plotting...

Lexi said...

Oh, yes, I'm already starting a "Lexi needs another Scottish vacation" bank!

Kelly, your wishes for my plotting must have made it all the way to my fingers & my brain! Today I've been busier than I have in quite a while plotting out the character arcs for my 4 books!

TJ Brown said...

What a wonderful vacation! What grade do you teach? I forgot:)
Teri

Lexi said...

Teri, I teach (God Help me) 5th, 6th & 7th Language Arts & 6th grade Science. I also work with all the school's English as a Second Language students.