Saturday, March 22, 2008

Private Arrangements


A Review by Lexi Connor

If you are in need of a refreshing historical romance to read, then you don’t want to miss Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas. This story is a breath of fresh air in both its plot structure and delivery.

As a young woman, Gigi Rowland makes a dreadful choice to secure the marriage of her dreams to Camden Saybrook. Her plan backfires and Camden abandons her the morning after the wedding.

Fast-forward ten years. Gigi wishes to marry again, but to do so she needs Camden to grant her a divorce, a request that forces him back into her life. She insists they have nothing left between them, but Camden refuses to give her up without something in return.

Ms. Thomas kept me on a roller coaster of emotion throughout the novel. With her humor and rich vocabulary, she drew me into the story from page one. I admit at times I hated both Gigi and Camden for their behaviors, but still I devoured the book, eager to watch their love story unfold when I was so convinced it could never happen. Thankfully, Ms. Thomas didn’t disappoint me.

With this amazing debut, Sherry Thomas is surely an author on the rise. Don’t miss her Private Arrangements!

No comments: