Saturday, March 01, 2008

When All Else Fails, Kill Someone

I've been having some trouble moving on with my manuscript lately. I don't know if it's a time thing (the fact that I don't seem to have any) or a craft thing (the fact that I still have some holes in my 1/2 written plot). I've been meeting my word count minimum for my writing challenges each day, but I haven't been happy with my content.

So I've decided I need another body. I'm going to kill off my poor heroine's friend and make the heroine's life even more traumatic. I'm excited and hope I can add a good chunk to the manuscript today. Check back later. I'll let you know how it goes...

Update: Well, I didn't make as much progress as I'd hoped and the dead body isn't working all that well. But I managed to write 620 words in the last 2 hours on a scene where my heroine decides to answer the call to adventure even though it scares her to death. Good stuff, so I'm going back to it!

Total Lenten Charity Amount: $10.40

2 comments:

Jane Myers Perrine said...

What happened to your heroine's best friend? Did you leave her dead? Was she murdered?

Jane (Myers Perrine)

Lexi said...

Oh yeah, she gets killed by the villain. Kind of the "in the wrong place at the wrong time" scenario, and it allows the heroine to realize just how out of her element she is.