Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Yeeehaw!

Tuesday word count: 503
Wednesday word count: 1012
Total Lenten Charity amount: $11.10

I'm on fire! My fingers can't move fast enough! Today I had to give a state-wide test to some of my students and during this testing the teacher can do NOTHING but monitor them. So I monitored and plotted. When it came time for the tests to be turned in and the kids to read, I had nothing else to do but write. Wow! What an afternoon. I'm uncovering the suspense part of my plot more now and making sure events are timed right and I'm having so much fun.

(And as you see from the Lenten charity amount, my mouth was also on fire today.)

Only 1 and 1/2 days until spring break. I'm so excited for this break. Yes, I'm still going to do work stuff over the vacation, but that will make my last quarter easier. So I don't mind doing that work. I'm also going away on my writing/reading retreat with my friend. I'm also cleaning/organizing (or trying to) my storage unit. BUT before any of that happens, I'm spending this Friday afternoon and ALL of Saturday and Sunday working on my book! The more I think about it the more excited I get. (Now I just hope my muse and my characters cooperate!)

I'm off to have my cup of tea and to hopefully finish reading Michelle Willingham's latest book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lexi - so glad that your fingers are on fire! That's a wonderful spot to be in!! Your spring break sounds fabulous. I hope the writing retreat gives you a bazillion words. (I love your little word meter, by the way!)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm sorry I've been such a slug about posting. I'm in a bit of a funk these days, but it will pass.
HUGS!

Lexi said...

Yes, Emma, your funk will pass! No worries on being a blog slug. I jusst like to pretend I'm the blog post police!