Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Golden Heart & RITA Day!!!!

Good luck to everyone who entered the RWA National Golden Heart and RITA contests! I'll be watching to see who the finalists are! Try not to stare at the phone.....

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY....Woohoo! Three cheers for my AWESOME CP, Jenna Stuart, who finaled in the RWA Golden Heart with her manuscript Highland Honor! This is your year, Jenna! I'm so psyched for you and proud of you!

Kudos go out to other people I know or read and love:

Jill Shalvis got a RITA nomination for her romance novella "All He Wants for Christmas."
Julia London, an Austin RWA member, got a RITA nomination for her romance novella "A Snowy Night With a Highlander."
Sherry Thomas, an Austin RWA member, got TWO RITA nominations- Best First Book and Historical for Private Arrangements.
Katie Graykowski, an Austin RWA member, finaled in the GH Contemporary Single Title category with Summer in Austin.

I'd also like to send a shout out to Elizabeth Devlin who finaled in the GH Novel with Strong Romantic Elements category with her manuscript, Home Waters! I judged this one and LOVED it! This was the first time one of the ones I judged actually made the finals.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. I can't wait to cheer you on in DC!! (Okay, especially Jenna! Hey, I can't help it! I'm biased!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool that your cp finaled. Two of my friends from my brainstorming group finaled in the RITA, Diana Duncan and Tina Ferraro. There're only 10 of us in the group, so that's 20% (one year 2 finaled in the RITA and 1 in the GH--that was 30%!).

It's fun to have someone to cheer. on. I won't be in DC this year, but I'll be thinking of my buddies and your cp.